Re: Coming up with ideas for a new game project.

Yeah allot of people have been asking for a farming or fast food sim, and even though we have some farming sims, they are either only using farming as a small portion of the game, or very simplified, with no immersion via sounds or more realistic issues for the player to deal with.
And I understand the hole respect thing, but IMO you will only be stepping on their toes if they make the game available to the community at large, and not just Lesi users. Till then, if your game ends up being better than theirs, then I guess they'll just have to adapt now won't they, and why is competition such a bad thing, we have such a small market as it is, and they are already sure of a sail for Lesi copies, so as long as people keep buying Lesi, they have a solid stream of sails. If they don't keep buying well then, that's what they get for restricting them selves like that, it's not your fault they decided to do it.

For a farming sim, skill is easy to add, as well as different play styles for different types of farms, when to harvest and plant based on the seasons, who to buy your necessary  materials, like hay and fertilizer from and when, milking the cows in time, getting the cattle inside before a storm, cattle eating dangerous plants and dieing especially if they are free range, when to sell your cattle for the most meat and best price, accidents with workers if you use older, cheaper equipment, wage VS labor costs get much worse if you higher local instead of migrant workers for almost every situation, managing land in terms of what you own VS what the government or other, larger farmers around you own, repairing equipment that breaks VS replacing it, planting the right crops for the area and demand based on over seas production, where to put irrigation for best result  and in order to avoid polluted runoff, erosion and such, how much and what types of pestasides and growth hormones GMO seeds etc you can use before you can't legally have the (organic) label, dealing with insect and rodent problems, random cold snaps, helping dangerous births, disease outbreaks, breeding and vaccinating ETC, their is a hole lot of stuff.
I'm only scratching the surface as well, farming has always required smarts, but it's gotten much more scientific over the last few decades, and while obviously time period and realism level is up to you, it would still be good to do some research on the specifics of even the basic stuff, because it's allot more complicated than I thought.

For fast food, it could get boring pretty fast without more action based gameplay, E.G. pressing certain keys in time to flip right or take crisps out of the fryer at the right time, typing in order numbers from people who can't make up their mind or mumble, cleaning up explosive messes, managing who's order is first so stuff doesn't get cold ETC, plus you could potentially get the ability to work different positions, line cook, front counter, drive through, janitor, shift manager, which would add more replay value.
Obviously it would be easy to get screwed by corporate if you didn't make the pissed off customers (reasonable or no) happy by making concessions to them such as free meal, coupon, toys for their bratty kids, ETC, and the ability to make the wrong choice would be fun, especially if the customer was particularly nasty so your employees would appreciate you more for having a backbone.
Also we have the possibility of product shortage, older product being reused as a risk, promotions suddenly massively increasing customer numbers (both good and bad) the drink and icecream machines being out of service for cleaning or just because they break all the time (especially the freaking icecream one) cooks getting burns or staff in general slacking off, cleaning the horrifying bathrooms and tables, if you have a kids play area now you have to deal with even more, potentially breaking up fights, meeting quota while still paying your staff enough to not hate you so much they don't work well, and much more.
This would need allot more voice actors though, if you wanted to make it more immersive, and I know you would get some bites for that, but maybe not enough.

As for suggestions for your previous games, I wish you had an option to slow or pause the time while walking the park and still mess around. Because while I do like the concept of getting a call or email on your cell while in the park, it makes you feel really rushed when all you want to do is enjoy your park and try some rides.
Also some of the rides have pretty short ambient loops, such as the helter skelter, and more playable games in the park would be awesome!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : NickAdamson via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mario navarro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : flame_elchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : techmaster20 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : masroor . rahmani via Audiogames-reflector