Re: Monthly chat February 2018

I ordered an echo too, should get here today. I've had Alexa in the form of a smart speaker, but its got some issues and its just not doing the job since you need to press the button.

I was also recommended a book to read, which I did. It's called Altered Carbon by Richard Morgan I think. The book takes place in the future where no one really dies anymore, instead, when their current body dies, their data stack, which is a piece of technology that contains basically them, their memories, essence and soul, if you will, this gets extracted and they can be re-sleeved. A sleeve is another body, but it can be whatever body, it doesn't have to be a clone of you. This guy was basically put in data storage, which is like prison for some reason or other, he was sprung by this rich guy to do a job. He gets to Earth, a place he'd never been, to start working on this job. Things get a lot more complicated and twisted, and before long, he's involved in this criminal ring, and ends up being blackmailed. It's really good, lots of action, both fire fights and sex scenes. It's on BARD fr those who have access to that, but if you can, I'd recommend not getting it from there, I did, and was dismayed to find out it was Eric Sandvold doing the narration. That guy is just... mmph, I can't even. I dealt with it because I don't have any other services like Audible or anything like that. He creeps me the hell out when he tries to voice each character different, the women tend to sound like little girls, and he tends to sound like some creepy old pedophile.

Anyway, the book is really good, and I'd recommend reading it if sci-fi is your thing.