Re: Land of Livia: An IOS game which has been made accessible

It's not just in IOS 9, it's in 10 and 11 as well. I went back on spare devices and it is possible to click on the hints to dismiss it, it just often pops up a new hint right after you do. It does pop you back to the hints if you try to swipe, but I think it's trying to get you to click on the hint.

The tutorial is only for a few places in the beginning of the game and after that swiping works fine. I've  visited over 25 locations, and I haven't seen any other hints pop up since then.