Re: Bye bye, firefox

While I will agree with ie's access, the problem I was finding last year was that too many websites would hang or crash or similar.
This especially happened with a lot of games such as clicker idle games like space company. Since I'm sort of supposed to be playing games in order to write about them. This was  why I moved to chrome myself.
I had previously tried firefox and been unimpressed, either with the system slowdown or crashes, so Chrome seemed the logical thing to try.

For the most  part I am very happy with Chrome, but I will admit Chrome has it's issues.
I do not like the fact that the bookmarks manager in Chrome is so clunky, or that I need an addon to disable multi tabbed browsing.
I have also found the odd website such as goodreads where Chrome hangs Nvda up on one element, though how much this is a chrome issue and how much a NVda one I don't know (Nvda also used to have issues with popups in Chrome until , 17.4). Chrome's integration with a few windows features such as playing sounds or flash content doesn't work that well.
either I also did not like the fact that I needed to plumb my google account to stop Chrome  tracking a lot of history, although C cleaner certainly helps with that too.

on the plus side as well as crashing and hanging far less than Ie does and being in general a hell of a lot faster, I do like Chrome's ability to resume from the last used website, and the fact that downloads work as they used to on pre Ie9, with an actual honest to goodness "download dialogue" none of those crazy extra side bars or the like.

I've also noticed that where occasionally both Nvda and Supernova would get spotted around pages when loading new pages in Ie, (especially when you have multiple windows open), in Chrome that is far less likely, which makes navigating between pages easier, indeed I like the fact it's far less difficult in Chrome to have a page open and be doing something else in windows (great for playing clicker idle games or doing web missions on Flexible survival when I'm doing something else).

These days, I use Chrome for most of my browsing, but fire up Ie if I come upon something chrome doesn't like, such as flash games or sites like goodreads.

I do wish Supernova would support chrome, since on the rare occasions I switch back from nvda to Sn to see how windows 10 support is going, I am limited to using Ie, but manifestly that is a  problem not a chrome one, and just more evidence that the old "read any on screen text by default" supernova I used to know in the early xp days is well and truly gone.

Ah well, that's why my lady and I give monthly donations to Nvda these days and probably shan't be buying version 17 of supernova.