Re: If there would be a way for getting your sight back, would you do it?

For me....no. I've had mostly, say, 99% positive interactions with people in general outside of social services/advocacy groups which have been extremely, EXTREMELY negative in their attitudes and perceptions. If anything I'd argue it's the aformentioned prison/monster experiments again with social services/advocacy groups being closed minded, arrogant, pushy and extremely demeaning. Take that away, I have no issue with the world at large. I could have full vision and run into assholes, that's just a fact of life, nothing to do with ability or not.

I don't fit with the OH MY GOD YOU HAVE TO BRAILLE LABEL EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!111 type of blind people, I don't fit with the Jaws is X, NVDA is Y type, I'm somewherer on the edge of it doing my thing, I mentioned earlier I broke a disabled riding organization by being good at riding (to the point where I'd go for long trail rides and showjumping and suchlike and barrel racing) and they had no idea where to put me next, so as said I got trained by the stable's instructor. She was always willing to treat me as somebody who can ride just as well as the next guy, but just can't see that well/at all....suits me fine.

Do I feel limited? No, but again I was not raised as blind with input from blind services, ahem, 'blind services' so I did stuff normal kids did, games, watching TV, reading and so on....yet blind services would, and had this happen, limit me from those things because,paraphrasing what I've heard, 'blind people do not watch TV or play games', which from both RNIB/NFB stances, is completely and utterly false, I'd rather stretch out on a couch, find a good show to get into and not deal with audio description since I find it extremely intrusive, personally, but I don't feel like that's  a limit at all. It's who I am.

Maybe part of it's giving the finger metaphorically to the worst parts of being blind, the stereotypes, the stereotypical culture o having every tiny tiny bit of yer house Braille labled and such, of doing what blind services tel you like some dog. I'm sorry but that's completely and utterly fucking demeaning to my way of thinking, having somebody come in, not even know you and say oh, this this this this and this have to change, stop doing this because you shouldn't and you have to do this from now on....ya, no. No thanks.