Libaudioverse help

Okay, so I am working in python and have noticed that the docs on this library, while not the worst thing in the world, still appear to be missing a few things. Namely, I am wondering if there is a way and how to check if libaudioverse has been initialized. Like an isInitialized function. The language agnostic files say there is a way.