Re: If there would be a way for getting your sight back, would you do it?

As far as entitlement goes, I will gladly accept anything that I need that society has decided to provide to me at no cost, but on the other hand, I don't go out of my way to find every little thing that's available to me at no cost.

Some examples:

I do take advantage of the free talking book service provided by the national library service and won't pay for services like audible because of it, though I do pay for Book Share.

On the other hand I don't use the inexpensive or no cost paratransit services that are available in lue of paying for a taxi because I find all of those paratransit services inconvenient. The taxi service I use is usually there within ten minutes of my call for service where the paratransit services require that you make all transport reservations at least 24 hours in advance. Plus the last four times I tried to use the paratransit service to go somewhere and back, they never showed up and I ended up missing the appointment which was really annoying.