Re: If there would be a way for getting your sight back, would you do it?

The way disability benefit is worked out is that they calculate how much extra it costs a disabled person to have the quality of life and be able to do the same things an able-bodied person could do, and they give them that amount. So any sourness should be aimed at the people making the calculations, not the disabled people themselves. The thing is some disabled people are working five days a week, have children, an active social life, and all the financial out-goings that go along with it. Then there are those who live alone, or with parents, have little social life and hardly any financial responsibilities, but they get the same money the active people do, so they end up with much more disposable income, and appear to be living a life of relative luxury. But remember any able-bodied person on a low to moderate income who has the same lack of responsibilities, would also have all the same 'luxuries'. Resenting disabled people when you're healthy and abled-bodied seems very much like punching down to me. All our mod-cons and medical expertise, and all the things that make modern life a doddle,, are all thanks to the fact we've won the genetic mutation lottery. Errors in the genetic code lead to our bigger brains, ability to communicate complex ideas, pick stuff up, and so on. All resulting in the average person having a much easier time of it than say a squirrel or rat. Disabled people however have to suffer the not-so-great aspect of these genetic errors. So for healthy able-bodied people with all the accoutrements of modern life to resent the comparatively little bit of their income that goes towards disabled people, is pretty low I'd say. And I squarely put the blame on the media. They love attacking things like the NHS and disability benefit. Not a day goes by without a negative NHS story, or other welfare abuse and how much these things are costing tax payers. When they're decimated, there won't be a big refund, just a redirection of funds, and some of the worst off in society having an even poorer quality of life.