Re: Linux assistance center

JaceK wrote:

Do this

1. Hit Alt F2

Hit backspace until you heer a sound

3. Type in orca --replace

This restarts Orca, if you get no sound try it again, at times running 3.26 I have to do that if Orca dies on me.

4. Super+alt+S doesn't work for every distro, but alt+f2 Orca --replace does. Out of curiosity what desktop are you using on 16.04? I'd suggest getting Mate for use with Orca honestly. I'm using Solus with it here but I know how Ubuntu can be.

I'm using the same distro that orca started fine on on the previous install.
I'm just using the standard desktop - as I said, really have no idea what I'm doing most of the time.
I don't think I'm getting any sound at all. I'm wondering if it's trying to use HDMI audio?