Re: my dream, your nightmare

The thing is, Cr already has a hole bunch of systems that would rock if implemented for random encounters on planets.

Hunting, gathering, archaeology, lots of resources and crafting projects, not to mention  ability to have random encounters and a potentially interesting ground combat system.

All that needs to happen is a few of these things need to be spread randomly around the different planets rather than just occuring in one area, then come with a reward.
I'd love to be able to wander the desert in saharia, be attacked by a random critter which I could then slay and skin, and be able to fashion the skin into something that I could then sell off to a trader for credits, or to wander the lower decks on some grimy space station, only to be set upon by a gang of shalker mercinaries who drop some draconic wrelics that I could then take to an archaeology research center to decode for cash.

Or how about having my hand mining computer suddenly alert me that I'm close  a vane of minerals so it's time to pull out my shovel and start digging.

While we're on the suggestions field, I would also suggest a miner change to ground combat, since at the moment  only die if their torso or head is mangled (an entombed reference?), this in effect means that when fighting the more body parts an enemy has, the less chance you have of disabling them, especially because it seems that enemies can suffer manglement of most body parts without too much inconvenience, indeed sometimes it's taken me longer to kill lower level vacus than higher level droidics simply because of the fewer body parts :d.

It'd be nice if this balance was addressed, e.g if an enemy's legs (or tentacles, wheels etc), were damaged they could no longer walk, meaning you could sit in another squeare on the battle field and pepper them to death at a distance, or if an enemy's hands were  damaged their attack options would be reduced.

This would be particularly good if, as I hope, we see  enemies and more attacks in the future.