Re: If there would be a way for getting your sight back, would you do it?

I did some back-of-the-envelope calculations, and if I was paid something like minimum wage for the time I've put into various projects since High School, figuring in cost of college etc, I'd have made very close to the maximum pay for an individual on SSI.
If my work was half the quality of pros doing the same categories, that'd be a whole other story. But if I was doing that quality of work, I'd have way more to show for it, so it doesn't feel too much like a stretch to say I'm getting more or less what I deserve.
Of course, the nature of my output would have seen me fired a dozen times over, so maaaybe I'm being too generous to myself. hmm
Also, I don't get the maximum individual payments for SSI, because those calculations included paying off college as quickly as possible, and the 700-833/month would be after those payments. Also, college would be paid off by now. So, I'm actually down about $240/month to cover that, IIRC. So, in practice, whether or not I have extra money for anything comes down entirely to how bad the whether is that month. (My insulation is horrible, so my electric bill gets ridiculous in extreme temperatures, never mind humidity.)
I can afford an occasional cheap app, and, like, a couple pizzas per year. tongue I need to grow squash or something.
If I suddenly started making an actual paycheck worthy of the name, my college payments would go up, too. Then there'd be health insurance, because if I can afford all of that in addition to normal living expenses, I don't know that I'd still qualify for Medicaid. So anything shy of $2500k/month would have the sole benefit of paying off more college with a single employer's money, rather than everyone's. Which, OK, I agree that would be a good thing, but is it good enough to be worth the effort of finding the potentially-crappy job in the first place? $3k/month would be where it'd be worth taking seriously... and that's assuming I do not have to move[ to get said job.
Now, we haven't even gotten into things like the social aspect, disabilities other than blindness, etc. I find the idea that I could work from home on something I don't care about well enough to be worth the employer's investment seems incredibly dubious, in light of information that cannot be communicated at this time. So we're back to the searching for something (1) local, which [2] pays well enough to be worthwhile on top of what SSI provides, which [3] will actually hire me, a socially inept blind person with no work history or connections. Also applying for jobs is irrationally terrifying, so getting over that bit of stupidity slows things down even more.
But if any of that changes, I'm sure I'll post about it somewhere.

And that is why I am still on SSI. hmm sad :$ ... And if this phone jumps into the address bar instead of the message box one more time, ... something... will happen?