on the fence about an ipad/tablet

I have been debating for a while to get an ipad. the reason why I haven't yet is because I currently have an iphone, and I don't really see what the point is of having both ipad and an iphone since I assume they pretty much do the same thing. maybe some of you all can enlighten me on the different things an ipad has to offer, and why I should get one even though I own an iphone. or if there is a tablet out there better than a ipad, I will be open to that as well. and yes I am a totally blind voice over user