Re: on the fence about an ipad/tablet

As far as I've understood matters, the main advantages of an Ipad are that it A has a larger screen, and B, can do mostly all of the things that an Iphone can do in terms of running games etc without the actual phone bits and so is significantly cheaper.

So no, if your a blind user and already have an Iphone there isn't a lot of point in the Ipad imho.

As to tablets generally, personally if I need a computer to do computer things, e.g serious writing, web browsing, composing  email etc I'll  use my desktop when I'm at home, and my laptop when I'm not, so for me a tablet would be a little pointless.

of course I could carry a bluetooth keyboard and even use my Iphone, but if I'm going to carry a keyboard I might as well carry a laptop, and  Ios with all it's file restrictions is not an  environment I like for serious computer work due to it'se transfer restrictions etc.

There are windows tablets of course, but last I checked Windows mobile didn't have the processing power or accessibility of full scale windows, and you were still better with a laptop than a tablet  if you want a proper computer on the go, though  this might well change in the future and is likely something I'll reconsider  five or six  years down the line if my laptop goes bye bye.

About android I don't know, but though I'd be interested to spend an hour or two playing with an Android device I don't know if I have the money or motivation  purchice and learn one, especially with the number of android specific things it can do being low and the fact I don't exactly know how well it works for general computer stuff.

So for me at the moment the major devices I have are my Iphoen 8, my windows 10 desktop and laptop, and my echo dot, and I don't have any immediate plans for anymore big_smile.