Re: College Degrees and Employment

I'm currently working on a master's degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. If all goes well I will graduate next year and will be able to become licensed in 2 to 3 years. I just started an internship where I'm being treated like an employer and this is really great experience. I am hoping that this degree + if I get licensed that I will be able to find a job. I think it all comes down to the degree and what you want to do with it. With counseling, spam, and almost everything in the human services field you need a master's degree. I also think a lot of programs are moving toward the direction of licensure and master’s degree at least in human services.