searching for a specific kind of tool, does something like that exist?

Hi everyone.
Due to the fact that I am more and more getting into audio production and the like, I am searching for a specific tool.
I have quite a lot of sounds around and i need a tool for fast reviewing them. To put it into an example, I open a folder with the tool so I can quickly skim through the sounds, hearing them as I go through the folder so I don't need to open every file with VLC or another player.
I know that studio recorder had that feature for wav files, but the problem is that quite a lot of sounds are MP3, flag and so on.
So, is there a tool supporting those file types for quickly reviewing sound? Or is there another possibility on how I quickly can find matching effects?
Greetings Moritz.