Re: College Degrees and Employment

@CAE_Jones, I think you're correct.  Hence my post earlier about experience versus the education.  Obtaining a degree is important, yes, but I believe the experience you receive through working at a company is invaluable.  This university is fairly decent at field placement, but the CS curriculum isn't the most amazing.  If I'm not mistaken, we do hold a spot on the top 50 universities for CS, but barely scraping by to hold one of the lower spots.  Carnegie Melon has one of the most extensive programs and infinite list of resources available to their students.  I encourage potential undergrads to look for a university that can juggle between a good education and a good set of resources and opportunities to gain "real-world" experience.