Re: College Degrees and Employment

@Dark, well it actually sounds quite better than mine as you seem to have had a more structured curriculum, but the program as far as I can understand allows you to work more than study, and by study I mean read and memorise, without having a sense of what you're reading. That may also depend on the discipline, though philosophy and linguistics are related.
Our curriculum consisted of four modules in the first year, two modules in the second year, and two in the third year. However, we have many subjects that are organised in a semester basis. We also have language practice (first year), IELTS (second year), and Integrated Skills (third year) which are organised in four seminars per week. Translation and interpreting has an important role at our university. And so the curriculum is complete. The program, as I said in my previous post is not badly arranged, but the amount of information the student should deal with is staggering, provided that he's not been in contact with any fraction of that information before and the professors expect him to discuss the knowledge he gains in an academic level.