Re: Ontoys online game platform

Hello. Curious if people still use this social network. There indeed are several nice improvements.
First, if Bogdan still monitors this topic he should update the OP. Ontoys is no longer, as it moved to a new site https://tiflo.space
It is now a complete social network, with your profile where you can do various things such as post your articles and status changes which anybody can read, add your friends, post your audio and many more things. What used to be advanced functionality is now completely free in 2018 and should stay so, i.e you can chat for free, add friends and anything else that needed purchasing before. Stars can still be purchased though, and they can be used for some additional features:
Changing your nickname costs one star,
you can buy the invinsibility cap which allows you to visit public places without anybody's notice, the cost depends on the amount of time you buy it for.
You can buy toyses for stars, the virtual currency used in the game which is similar to Poker chips (let me know if that one is not clear and I can try to explain it better).
I think that is all about stars if I did not forget anything, but it can be checked on the website.
Now, the thing you are probably most curious about, English translation. I will tell you right away that the translation is still not perfect, and if you are not the type of person who likes exploring, you might want to wait a bit more though you will miss a great social and gaming network. There is work on making a complete English translation. Right now, priority is to fix backgammon which is very broken in English, and Hearts which does not work at all due to a missing string which should be fixed very soon. After that, I will focus on improving all games and translating the rules as necessary. I would just like to let you know that I am not a native English speaker, and if anybody is serious enough to work on this translation they should write on here and we can hopefully get something going very soon. It would be even better if you know somebody who is a native Russian speaker, and I will explain why that would help us a lot. There is currently a game called online quiz. The way this quiz works in short is that it has a dedicated time at which it starts, and any player can participate. Questions are prepared in advance, and on the Russian side it happens on each saturday at around 6 PM Moscow time and it usually consists of 30 questions. The most successful players win stars. For translating these to English, we need to communicate with developers in Russian because they cannot speak English.
At the end I wish everybody the best of luck with this platform, and remember that the more users register and play the sooner we will get the translations going. Do not also forget that you can feel free to invite your sighted friends too as there actually are real graphics in this client. I just want to clarify that I am not the developer or part of the development team, but an user who is helping out with English as well as the Serbian translations.
Sorry for this long post, but I do feel that English community can enjoy this platform and it deserves a good translation.