Re: Universal Paperclips, an incremental browser game

Unfortunately I played for hours yesterday and seem to have buggered up my game completely in the third stage, the moral of the story seems to be  try to figure out complex games while extremely tired from a sleepless night and trust :random guides from redit D.

Someone said to put a lot of points into replication for probes early on, but having lots of replication and no combat ability meant that the drifting probes replicated beyond the point I could actually kill them off even when I created probes of my own with nothing but! combat bonuses, so methinks I'll have to restart completely, which is bloody annoying!

I will say access on this one is a bit odd, since while all the buttons are certainly  labeled there are a few images mentioned in the extremely comprehensive wiki (one which is virtually a stratogy guide and which I really should've trusted instead of random redits).

The biggest issue from an access perspective seems to be quantum computing since there is an image of computer chips which goes dark and light, and you have to wait until it's going light to hit the compute button to maximise your operations.
You can get this through the numbers, ie, if you hit the compute button a couple of times and the plusses seem to be going up, hit it a few more times, but it's rather inexact, so I'd recommend ignoring the guides here and actually putting points into processors to get you ops and creativity faster so you  afford upgrades quicker, though don't go above 30 processors.