Re: Sonifight and its failure

I think CheatEngine is written in Pascal... let me check.
Yep, it is (I cloned https://github.com/cheat-engine/cheat-engine). According to the source code (I'm looking at the address list editor (addresslisteditor.pas)), the GUI uses an event-based system, so there are procedures like:

    procedure MouseDown(Button: TMouseButton; Shift: TShiftState; X, Y: Integer); override;

or this:

    procedure KeyDown(var Key: Word; Shift: TShiftState); override;

I think, though, that what your looking for in dialogs are the constructors:

    constructor create(owner: TTreeView; memrec: TMemoryrecord; left: integer);

To be honest, I don't know much about Pascal, but from what I can see, the constructor is where all the window creation takes place (the full code of the procedure is below for the address list editor):

constructor TAddressListEditor.create(owner: TTreeView; memrec: TMemoryrecord; left: integer);
var pt: TPoint;
  i: integer;
begin
  fmemrec:=memrec;
  memrec.beginEdit;

  inherited create(owner);

  self.autosize:=false;
  self.BorderStyle:=bsNone;
  self.Left:=left;

  self.color:=clHighlight;
  self.text:=memrec.Value;

  self.font:=owner.Font;
  self.Font.Color:=clred;

  updateposition(left);

  self.parent:=owner;
  SendMessage(Handle, EM_SETMARGINS, EC_LEFTMARGIN, 0);

  self.SetFocus;

  starttime:=GetTickCount;

  if ((GetKeyState(VK_RETURN) shr 15) and 1)=1 then  //if launched with RETURN then select all
    self.SelectAll
  else
  begin
    pt:=self.ScreenToClient(mouse.cursorpos);

    pt.x:=owner.Canvas.TextFitInfo(text, pt.x);
    pt.y:=0;

    self.SetCaretPos(pt);
  end;

end;

The top, the uses declarations, are as follows:

uses
  windows, Classes, SysUtils, ComCtrls, Controls, StdCtrls,  MemoryRecordUnit,
  Graphics, LCLType;

Not sure if any of this helps. (I tried making a standard win32 application in C++ and NVDA couldn't tab to any of the controls... sad).