Re: my dream, your nightmare

@Dardar just trying the new planetoid system now.
I like the idea behind it, though it doesn't seem to trigger that often, Ie, I just harvested 1600 minerals at a rate of four per scoop, and got a grand total of five objects, I'm not sure if this is just me being unlucky, but maybe if this object grabbing system is supposed to give interest you could consider making it occur less often.

I also wonder if you'd considered occasions where instead of giving players  information and just asking them to push buttons, you actually require them to think.
perfect example of this is the mastermind minigame in land of livia for ios. Lots of games have a basic item research skill where you just tap away and auto research, however land of livia has you play mastermind instead.

So what occurred to me with the planetoid drones, is instead of giving players all information and just requiring them to match that information with the concept, why not get them to think?

For example, instead of having you do a "view" command and the drone telling players where  item is so they just find it, why not have a sort of light locator affair where the player is just told the debris is either above or below, and instead of the player typing "pd up" or "pd down" the player has to type pd 1-10 to go to the appropriate level.

Nope, it wouldn't be difficult, but it'd be something to do and a way of getting rewards.

This is the sort of thing I mean, finding ways to engage players while the game is going on rather than working on automatic stuff.

Btw, totally agree with Orin about the economy and Ai buyers as well, I'd love to be able to actually sell my minerals and such rather than just turn them in for points.

I'd also like to see ways where some of the other crafting methods, spear making, building statues, quilt making etc could actually have a tangible bennifit in game, since again, those could be activities that revolve around exploring the universe and finding stuff and could be great fun.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : karate25 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector