Lambda Documentation

So I do play CR and I was wondering about the programming behind it all. When looking over the lambda documentation there is really no way of telling how all this was built. My things are as follows.
1 How were sectors made?
2 How do lifts work? are they movable rooms.
3 How do you code doors?
4 How do you create menus?
All of this stuff I want to learn but there is really no documentation in the moo programmers guide to understand how to do this.