Re: Christianity or Islam

I must agree with posts 7 and 9 on this subject. I myself find the bible extremely conflicting on various subjects. Think about it. We don't know much about the bible: when it was first written, what it said in it's first publication, etc., etc. The issue with blindly following religious texts is that they've gone through so many translations (and even some mistranslations) and the languages that these texts have been translated (and mistranslated) into have changed so quickly and drastically that we have, I believe, lost the original meaning. I don't even think we follow any Gods "plan" any more, simply because we don't know what the original "plan" was in the first place, nor do we know what the hell the bible, or really any religious text was, ever said originally. This reminds me of a discussion my cousin had over Skype one day. My cousin said, and I truly wonder this too, "When we go to war, and when soldiers go out to battle, they always say, 'I hope god is with us today!' or some such." He goes on to say, "I imagine God, sitting in his throne, laughing evilly down at us as he watches us suffer." And I truly have to agree with that. As Ironcross32 asked: why do deities allow us to kill ourselves? Why do deities allow what as happened throughout the universes history? Why would any God allow us to create weapons like hydrogen bombs, biologic weapons, etc. that are so powerful they could wipe out the entire population of the planet in several months to several days, if not hours? For me at least, I'm nestled right in the middle between Science and Religion. Some of my family is religious, some aren't, and so I'm stuck right in the middle of it. And I'm beginning to lean towards science much more than religion for one particular reason: because unlike religion, which cannot explain many things, and cannot prove things that it says, Science can prove and disprove many things. Science can explain the possible logical progression of events under a particular set of circumstances; religion may be able to, but in very vague references that confuse the mind. Science can explain many mysteries about humanity and the universe; religion cannot. These issues, as well as others I and others have pointed out on this topic, are why I unfortunately cannot fully commit myself to a religious point of view.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Riad via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : burak via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector