Re: Christianity or Islam

Greetings Constantine, I'd be pleased to help you with this. In Catholicism and some other denominations, priests are those who claim to be a mediator between us and God. However, Jesus said that by accepting Him, we would become kings and priests ourselves. "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen." (Revelation 1:4-6)
You see, when we accept Christ into our hearts and lives, we need no mediator or priest; we can boldly come before the throne of grace. "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:16)
When Jesus was crucified, the temple veil was torn in two, which symbolizes that we have continuous access to God through prayer. In the temple or tabernacle, there were several areas: the inner and outer courts where the worshipers were, the holy place where only the priests were allowed (which contained the lamps, the incense altar and such), and finally the most holy place (or the holy of holies) where the presence of God and the arc of the covenant were. Only the high priest was allowed in the most holy place once a year, to make sacrifices unto God. When Christ was crucified, the veil separating the holy place and the most holy place was torn; thus, we now have direct access to God, through Jesus Christ: the divine Son of the living God. Therefore, according to the bible, we no longer require a peace; Jesus Christ is our mediator, but remember---he is also 100% God!
God bless.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Riad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : burak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector