Re: dectalk getting the mame treatment?

Didn't know that. Looks like you learn something new every day!
The voice quality between DECtalk 1.8 and 2.0 (which are the versions you can find on most ROM sites, vary slightly.
From what I could gather, DECtalk 1.8 did not have Dennis or Wendy as a predefined voice, evidenced by when I tried to type [:nd] or [:nw] in the text box. DECtalk 2.0 did add those, I believe, and from what I tested, Dennis sounded way too breathy. Now I'm tempted to try running these on my Raspberry Pi 3 running RetroPie through RetroArch MAME. We'll see how that goes.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : FamilyMario via Audiogames-reflector