Quick question on PS4 accessibility options

Specifically talking about the TTS functionality here, regardless of its current limitations.
I know, a while ago,  the prevailing theory was that PS4 accessibility options were only available in the US with hardware restrictions etc, but has anyone tried using the options by switching their language to english US outside of the region?  Just wondering as I'm not sure what works and what doesn't atm and wanted to clarify.