Re: Is the HomePod really worth it?

Jack's right. Unless you're heavily invested in Apple's ecosystem, and only that, the Home Pod won't be a good use of your money. You'd be better off with an Echo, or google home. The one thing that would be nice is if the home pod could be used as an external speaker for a different device. We all know that Apple isn't going  to do that, because of their "remove features that everyone uses, early, and force people that use our products to go into the future philosophy." In the early 90s, apple removed the floppy drive from it's whole mac line up, and everyone reacted  in a very similer way to how we reacted with the iPhone 7 and the loss  of a head phone input jack. But, guess what? A few years later, hardly anyone was using floppy discs. I don't like the arigance Apple's playing, since, after Steve Jobs died, I think they have a wrong idea of what he wanted. His idea was that something should be simple, and like an appliance, but powerful, as well. These days, Apple's been going towards the simple, and expensive and forgetting the pro market that used to cling to them at a time, because their products were superior for music, graphics, and film.