Problem with Virtual Machine

Hello everyone.
I have downloaded one of the urpod VMs and have tried running a Windows XP VM in Vmware, but after I have started the virtual machine, a problem occurs: a bunch of scratching and popping starts happening from the virtual sound card. I have tried lowering the ram usage, uninstalling it, and reinstalling it again, all with no fix to the issue. Are there any people here who could give me more advice which I have not tried?
Thank you for any advice that may come. I look forward to any responses.