Re: Be My Eyes - My Experience

I heard that early on, some kids were sighning up as either volunteers or blind people, then as volunteers would either make fun of the blind people asking for assistance or give them incorrect answers or bad information, or as blind people make fun of the volunteers. Be My Eyes response to that problem was to hide the option to sign up as blind unless voice over was turned on. For volunteers, they added the rating system so problems could be reported. I'm sure that volunteers can also rate the blind people they help too, that way, anyone who shows themselves to be a troublemaker, regardless of which side of the connection they're on, will get kicked off.

Beyond the rating system, I don't know if they do anything at all to vet new members of the network on both sides of the connection.

I too have always found the volunteers helpful and courteous, if not professional, such that if a connection was made, I always had a good experience.