Re: An accessible, browser-based horse racing manager MMO?

@alec, if the db were biased in terms of what games I personally liked there are certainly a good many games that wouldn't be there big_smile.

In terms of sports management the essential problem is one of language and terminology, since my lack of knowledge of most sports makes it simply difficult for me to actually play! a lot of management games since I frankly don't know what they're talking about.

For example, if a sports management sim wanted me to assess the stats of a certain player and assign them a position in a sport such as a quarterback in American football, I genuinely would not know how to answer doubly so in American sports).

Similarly with WEBL,  reading through the rules and commentary a lot of the descriptions are rather boxing specific and my knowledge of boxing largely stopped at Street fighter's Ballrog big_smile.,

I do not like! racing games, but I can at least play them intelligibly enough to write about them in a reasonably positive and coherent way.

This is however why we have multiple people working on the db since manifestly different people have different areas of interest, so hopefully one of our other staff will pick this one up.