Re: Opinions on The Gate

@Quasar, I agree about the sword it makes life soooo much easier it's not funny, that is what I mean about attack range, especially since most enemies don't seem to have an attack sound or any way of actually avoiding their attacks, just a random chance of their attack triggering and damaging you when your in range meaning that the only way to stay out of trouble is effectively stay out of range which either means the sword or spamming arrows.

Actually this was why I found The Gate preferable to AAC, though in AAc I got a little tired of how much I needed to hammer the spacebar for even basic enemies, that and the fact that some of the stages obstacles seemed a little whacky, though admitedly I probably need to sit down and spend a little more time with AAC than I have.

In terms of ambience etc, there is a lot more that could be done even in terms of a haunted castle (castlevania anyone?),, but I will say I like the number of enemies and the fact that  your introduced to said enemies successively meaning there are things to discover as time goes on.

Btw, I admit I probably ought to spend a little more time and patience on games generally. Super castlevania took me literally weeks of trying each world before I finished it, especially the final ascending clock tower, ditto with several of the Mega man games.