Re: Problem with vocaliser and 5.1 speakers

It's not vocalizer, or the screen reader's issue, its your speakers and audio drivers trying to save power by closing the audio channel when its not used, which is highly absurd if you ask me. It then takes a 50th of a second to open it again, and then everything is fine. I'm almost sure this is what the issue you're experiencing is. Just as a process of elimination though, you could try other voices, whatever your orphius comes with by default, or eSpeak with nvda, as well as the windows one core voices. Do this just enough to tell if its the same thing, I'm willing to bet all voices will do this, though some may be a little better than others due to certain factors I'm not sure of.

You know, I really hate audio equipment these days, I preferred it when you just set it up and it fucking just worked like it was meant to already. Not this, oh we wanna help you save power, look genius, if I wanted to save fucking power, I would have bought a $15 pair of Coby speakers alright? I hate this presupposed attitude where manufacturers think they can anticipate the needs of all of their end-users and lump them all into one bucket.

This effect is more pronounced on bluetooth headsets or wireless ones. My Aftershokz do this, consequently, if you make an audio file that's like 10 hours of silence and just load it up in VLC or whatever player on loop, you won't have this issue. That is, if it is what I think it is.