Re: Opinions on The Gate

I wouldn't disagree that psycho strike probably reused game code from the gate, but in terms of gameplay I do find enough differences, e.g Psycho strike is far more based on multiple weaker  and button mashing, while the gate has fewer stronger enemies. All I wondered about was the difficulty curve, though Quaser does seem to be right from wht I played of the demo that things get masively easier when you pickup the sword.

The grey lady actually I sort of like in a "waaaaag!" factor. Yes, she'll take several attempts to win, but on the other hand she's almost a teaching tool, since the process of keeping at a distance, getting a hit, jumping over and then repeating is almost the way you seem to need to deal with most weaker enemies in the game from what I gathered.

Voice acting could be better.

Btw I didn't know that Aaron was now working for Leasy, if so that is a black mark at least from me, though we'll see when his next release comes out.