VIP mud

hello there, I have a few questions about VIP mud. Is the 30 dollar purchase a one time thing? Is there a way to read more than the 9 lines with control-number, like if I want to read 20 lines behind, without going to the output window. Is there a way to save triggers? I have made a few but everytime i open Vip, I have to redo them again. thanks!