Re: Getting started with the raspberry pi?

I've not messed with it much yet. Part of it involves power management, the raspi can operate at upwards of 3.3v or 5v, so anything powered off the pi would be confined to those ranges without changing the power supply. After connecting your devices to the proper GPIO pins you can access and control them through python scripts by importing the rpi.GPIO library, after that its all about scripting and modulating input/output. As an example, [here] is a script for controlling a stepper motor.

You can find a bit more about GPIO programming over [here], for more specific setups, projects, or questions it would probably be a good idea to hit up the raspberry pi forums [here]. I'm not sure if the pin layout is in an accessible format though, but if you like I can dig one up.