Re: Opinions on The Gate

Dark, best of luck.

I don't mind tight, semi-difficult platforming if it's consistent. The thing about the games you cite is that they were almost surgically precise. It's how people could speedrun them and stuff. It's not really luck-based. With The Gate, there's a lot of luck. Enemies don't appear in precisely the same places and whatnot, and sounds don't pan properly, as I've said. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to jump a projectile or sludge wave, based on its speed and trajectory, only to get hit when it came down even with the sound clearly not centered. Paladin of the Sky had a similar issue with those stupid banging boards in the first tower in the Heaven area. Admittedly, Manamon did better here.

So yeah. For me, not worth it, not even close. You may feel differently.