Re: Writing app recommendation?

The only option I can think of is 1password.
It came to my mind when you stated that you want it to be able to have password protection.
1password is the app I think has what you want.
It can save passwords for you.
You can also save notes there, although I don't think you can do advanced text editing on it, just a normal text note.
On the password protection level, you can create a vault for your notes and make the hole vault password protected.
Although 1password is mainly for more complicated stuff, like saving login passwords and passwords for apps, I think it can work for your needs.
It can also sync in the cloud, using dropbox for example, and the app is on windows, ios and android as well.
I don't use it for notes though to be honest, since it's not why I have it in my devices.
In theory it should work like I said, but you should know it is not designed for such purpose.