Re: Firefight needs your opinians!

A consistent theme would be nice... Right now we have this hodgepodge of equipment especially, with magic healing and armor, both WWI and cold war era firearms, and medieval melee weapons.
Either that or make different maps (essentially isolated worlds) where only certain equipment can be found and used.
Speaking of maps, the default one is getting boring (it has very few ambush spots, areas for cover, or buildings) and falling into the pit by accident and having to come all the way back really, really sucks.
If you can throw together an editor than I'm sure the community could help you make some.
I'm not asking for ultra realism because that pretty much always sucks ass, but even so allot of the weapons have messed up ranges, ammo counts, ammunition types, ETC as compared to their real world counterparts, and some have only generic names anyway.
Also, the ability to get an RTR type auto radar with volume based on distance within say 50 tiles would be nice, so you don't have to frantically jam on the w key.
Personally, I feel like this game needs a rewrite in another language anyway, not only because the rotation package and wall edges are kinda buggy and the aiming is pretty unintuitive, but also because you can use a much cheaper Linux server and optimize the networking for less lag with player loads over like three people.
Sam has managed to do quite a bit in terms of lag reduction on his own games, I really don't know how honestly, but you don't have the benefit of his code or the money for such a powerful VPS.
I heard you were learning C Sharp Kianoosh? if so that's awesome, because even beyond all of this, I don't think your game will ever be taken seriously by anyone other than bored twelve-year-olds with no emotional control or played by more than like 6 people at a time at the most if you don't move away from the generic BGT FPS with Sam's code underpinning it model.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mads via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : monkey999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : SkyLord via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : revan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : firence via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : keithwipf1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : fredd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : braille0109 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : DarfVader via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Reza . jdp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : DarfVader via Audiogames-reflector