Re: My Google Home Max adventures

First of all after reviewing my opening message, I found an error and fixed it, it was, that connecting to your online Google account is the step that most of Google Home's features depend on, not Voice Match as I had indicated.

I also found the purpose for the USB and 3.5 mm audio connectors and added them. As someone else has noted, the USB connector is so you can connect a USB to Ethernet adaptor, and the audio jack is so you can add a second speaker to get full stereo sound.

Unfortunately, those free accounts were apparently promotions that are now over as there was no information about them included, nor did the Max automatically connect to them as it did the free Google Music account. Oh well, at least I got a free Google Home Mini.

sirpdex, LOL! my Max heard your message with the Hey Google in it and sang some a humorous version of happy birthday.

I've heard a lot about Spotify and Pandora. I don't know much about either one, but I may have to learn because if I decide on to pay for a music account, I'll want to compare them to Google Music, before I buy in Google Music, it might turn out that one of the other two is a better fit for me.