Re: PayByChip marketplace

Moderation!

I will remind people that being unapologetically  dogmatic about things really isn't a good state for a discussion! forum. Emphasis on the word discussion!

Holding opinions and disagreement is fair enough, but  if someone cannot express their disagreement in a civil manner and refuses to, well moderate their tone it always tends to end badly.

i can think of at least two occasions in the past in which members with a high post record and otherwise good reputation on the forum fell foul of  and wound up being perminantly banned, which is not a good state for anyone, so people please take notice.

Okay, moderation hat coming off.

To answer the question any credit card transactions via paypal tended to have a charge as I remember, both sending money to friends and family and paying for goods or servivces. When I was last at my bank they did say EU  theoretically shouldn't allow a payment agent to charge credit card processing fees if they weren't actually recieving goods under a certain amount, so paypal was probably in error, but whether Paypal have some legal getout, or indeed whether that particular bit of EU legislation has actually been enacted in Britain yet I'm not sure.

either way while its not a situation I like, its one I need to put up with at least for the time being,  while I don't like my bank details being online even somewhere as comparatively secure as Paypal, I like paying stupid amounts of charge fees even less.