Re: Marshall passed away

And to think, I accidentally wiped one of his hundred room ships. Yes, I heard about this on twitter and fb. He had been talking about the surgery for a while now, he was scared. He told me that several members of his family had died due to complications of Marfan's syndrome. He needed the surgery, I think it was to correct something in his aorta, but I know he was scared for a while, about a month leading up to it. It's a shame. We weren't real good friends, but we talked. I'm not gonna say everything was fantastic. I think under all his exterior faults, he was a good guy, but he was snappish, short-tempered, etc.

BTW, if you think what I said above was breaking confidence, it wasn't, he talked about that stuff to anyone and everyone who'd listen on teamtalk etc. I don't break confidence, if someone tells me something they wish to not be public, I'll take it to the grave.

Anyway, I saw that yesterday and was taken a back. Sad really, he was afraid for his life and he had to die in that surgery. This is why I don't trust the medical profession, and why I'll never have surgery unless its pretty dire, I just don't trust it. They may never know what happened, what went wrong.