Re: Why most kids prefer and care about online games? A topic to discuss

So most of the comments here seem to be looking at the negative sie of online gaming, and yes there are a lot of negative sides but also a lot of positive sides to it as well. For instance online gaming is a great way to talk to other gamers, and for some blind gamers it could be the only interaction they have with people, not through their own choice, but they could live in an area where they don't have many friends or live quite some distance from any of their friends, so by going online to play games they are getting that bit of interaction tthat they need, otherwise they could just be playing single player games and feeling very alone. And yes while you do get players on online games that are dicks and cheats it's not always the kids that are being dicks or cheating like some of you are suggesting, I know of a few players on a game that have been banned for cheating and they are adults. But I love playing online games. And I can say that some of the people I've met on them even if we will never meet up in real life I class them as true friends.