Re: Victor Reader Stream gets a new big brother

Thanks, Jack! I had forgotten this thread from when I first heard about the Trek. Seems like ages ago.

I actually haven't done all that much with the GPS as I'm not all that confident in my mobility skills, so I tend to limit going on foot to just those places that are within a block of home, and don't really need a GPS for getting there.

One time I tried it was while in a car going to my folks house for a visit, after putting on headphones, and switching to orientation mode and switching on the GPS, and putting it on the dash so it had nothing but the wind shield above it, it couldn't acquire a signal.

I've also tried it just to learn how to use it while walking to the grocery store, it got a signal but had a hard time keeping it. I eventually gave up and switched it off.

I don't know whether I have a defective unit, or it just needs some software bugs fixed, I tried reaching out to humanware but got less than reasonable support. The impression I got was they didn't want to hear about a possible warranty repair or replacement.