Re: blind characters in games of any media, present and discuss.

I think that is the point Dark was trying to make. Daredevil isn't a realistic depiction of a blind person. Yes, he's not incompetent and useless, but he's so super-enhanced by his other senses his blindness isn't really a character trait that matters anymore.

He's very much a "I'm an awesome blind Man, look at what Blind me does in spite of being blind!" blind still is the key word to him, even if it is a negation.

I love daredevil myself and although the modern show has him with a lot of real relations, real drug problems, and real compentence as a lawyer, in a lot of stuff he is "blind-superhero" and even if you ask someone, "who's daredevil," they'll tell you "isn't he that blind superhero?"

Few people remember that Man-bat (a batman villain who later reformed" is deaf, or that Pied Piper (a reformed flash villain" is also deaf, Man-bat is a big werebat monster while pied piper, depending on who you ask is a guy with sound-based weaponry, a guy with sound-based powers, or one of the first openly-gay comic book characters. A lot of people know Pied piper is deaf, but they think of a lot of other things first.

I think I'd want that for other blind characters. I identify personally as blind, but that's pretty far down the list because there are a lot of things I identify as before that.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : BlindJedi via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : CrystalD via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : FamilyMario via Audiogames-reflector