Re: Swamp, zombie FPS by Aprone

Well the server is slowly getting players, and I want to pop in and give another update on the situation.  Some players have experienced a "runtime error 52" when starting up the new patch, and the cause (usually) is that their antivirus program isolates the executable away from the other required files since it was just recently downloaded.  It's called quarantine, or testing mode, or whatever name your particular anti virus uses.  After running the game a few times, it considered the game "trusted" and it let it access its required files like normal.  So far everyone who told me about this "runtime 52" error had it fix itself after trying to run it a few times.

The next possible bug is something that will only affect players who have multiple accounts.  Some of the code I was playing around with many months ago, was meant to speed up the process of logging in.  That code isn't finished so logging in is the same as it used to be, but that code does sometimes kick in when loading up your character list.  If the database is responding too slowly, the game pulls your character list from the last successful log-in.  If you have multiple accounts, that may very well be the character list for your Other account.  If this happens, it obviously won't let you log in as that character since it doesn't match the account you're currently using.  To fix this, you'll find a file called characters.txt in your Swamp folder and you can delete it.  That forces the game to wait as long as needed to get the character list from the online database.

I was going to send out mass emails to everyone, letting them know about the client update, but I ran into a snag.  As it turns out, there is a limit to how many emails I can send using my server before I get flagged as spam.  The limit is quite low (10 at a time or 100 per hour), so unless I want to sit around sending small batches for 11 hours, that plan is over.  I'm hoping everyone who needs to know what's going on will find the information here, or will hear it from other players.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ZK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : tseth42 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ZK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : tseth42 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ZK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : revan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : revan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : revan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : angarag via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nikos via Audiogames-reflector