Re: Audio describe startrek tng

My theory for why there isn't a lot of described Star Trek is that the only time they were broadcast with description (which must have been years ago on Sky in the UK judging by what the description track says) whoever was recording didn't do a consistent job or lost the files. We did eventually get the original Series described because it got broadcast on SCI-Fi in the UK, and Discovery thanks to the fact Netflix got worldwide distribution rights as an original series and they do a good job describing originals. So I'm sure that someone somewhere (Sky or the company who did the description to begin with) probably still has all the episodes described. But they may not even have rights to air them anymore so maybe someone like Netflix could obtain the described episode audio tracks. I have no idea how much this would cost or what copyright messing about this would require, though.

Anyway, the way I filled in visual gaps while watching Star Trek is by looking at the scripts. This site has most of them. Sometimes, a script posted here is an earlier draft of what actually got shot so it may not be as helpful but 90% of the time this will answer any questions, at least for DS9 and TNG. There are sadly not too many Voyager scripts and nothing for Enterprise so your best bet there is to look up episode summaries on wikipedia or Memory Alpha