Re: Here's my video editing setup and all I do for my videos.

Neat trick with using the phone audio to line up the separate audio tracks, didn't think of that! I use a Zoom Q8, myself. It uses the same interchangeable mic capsules as the handheld Zoom recorders which I had already, as well as a pair of combo XLR and 1/4 jacks on the back. It has a touch screen, but once I had someone set it up as far as activating the timer and setting format preferences, it's as simple as hitting the physical record button. I have an adapter that allows me to mount it on a regular mic stand, and I keep a dedicated stand for it that I've got marked for the proper height and angle for shooting my videos. You can set it to record your audio into your video, which takes all the guess work out of aligning, or you can record to a video track plus up to four audio tracks simultaneously which would still allow you to get multi channel audio that starts and is synced to the video track.