aac, a little help and recomendations?

hello all
I finished aac for the first time recently and it was a really hard challenge but i liked it a lot.
now i'm having fun with the builder mode, but a day ago i decided, finally, to pick up the postgame mode. and all i could say was... I was totally beaten to a pulp the first time i entered the other program files. I don't know how much i really need to raise my character. now i have 20 attak and 25 defence, but i really feel like i should have more, but not sure how much. can anyone wich has beaten the game give me some advice?
thanks a lot in advance!