Re: an accessible method to earn a little extra income

@ethin: you sound like you're living in a dream world. I have no idea if you've tried to get a real job in a real multinational company in your life but it sounds like you didn't, atleast for my country. I've spoken to almost a dozen of companies who found my cv very interesting and when I told them I'm blind they told me they couldn't provide the necessary accessible software. Of course, I'm living in a country that's known for it's drawbacks in terms of almost everything caled romania, but when it comes to international corporations they should provide the same level of accessibility for everyone. As a matter of fact I'm working in the field of translation and terminology which is not a very difficult field in terms of accessibility. The main point I'm trying to prove is that they didn't even wanted to see if I could do the jobs tthat I'm certified for or not. The problem is that most employers don't even know that blind people can navigate an internet page nor do more complex tasks like creating glossaries in X-cell. Most of the employers never heard of such programs as screen readers so they tend to overestimate the costs of the implementations they would have to make for the disabled person to work in they company. I've tried everything I could think of, I even went on to completing all the employment tests before telling them that I am blind and still they said that they will surely call me at a later date which obviously they didn't. Obviously the laws of the country you're living in count very much but in a country where money is everything there's no thing that can stop companies from not hiring disabled people. Of course they'll win 25% of the salary that they must give to the disabled person, atleast this is how it's done in romania, but they think that it's a much suitable investment to employ a normal person than getting involved with all the hassle of employing a disabled person. They'll win because the disabled person in my country doesn't have to pay all the taxes such as insurance taxes but this still doesn't stop them from not hiring such people.