Re: requesting some hints and libraries-Csharp

#29:
I'm not trying to attack you here, just explain my side of things. You talk a lot about how people attacked you (I did, I'll happily admit it), but your language and your attitude causes problems. So really, here's what I'm trying to get at. None of these are supposed to be mean, just explain the issue:
1. Back to the byte arrays: I've gotten you to move off of them being a security issue, to them maybe possibly being a security issue. If you want to say that's bad practice, fine. If you want to say that there are better ways to handle it, fine. But what you and Kyle did was try to invent some security issues to back up your claims which simply are false. Maybe you didn't mean to say it like that, but again this is a point where we can moderate and just stick to simple facts, at least facts that you know.
2. You say "You use threads and no mutexes."
If you're unfamiliar or bad at using mutexes and multithreading (and honestly most people struggle with it from time to time), look at this from a high level view, determine if you know enough to state that someone "should" be doing something as that is stating a fact. If you don't understand what a method does (like join, for example), just go look it up. The more research you do the better educated you will be, the better help you'll provide the OP of *any* question and the better you will come out in the end.
3. The try-catch statements: if we had simply had to discuss this, I would have been fine explaining why this creates issues and what that means for you as a dev and debugging. I'm happy to explain smaller thing s like this, and I really hope that I did and helped push you away from doing the same thing. Bad habbits can be broken with good code practices.
4. Post 6: you talk a lot here about people attacking you, then just jump and say your logic is flawed when he specifically referenced using libraries.
5. Post 6 has these quotes:
"That has to be the worst idea I've ever seen" "If you were to walk up to a professional programmer or computer scientist
and tell them this idea, they'd laugh in your face."
What I'm trying to point out here, is that by saying things like this, they are very adversarial and put you on the attack. If you don't want people like myself to be combative with posts, you need to also consider not doing the same thing, or trying to clarify what #5 was saying before just simply jumping to attack them.

End result, like I said I understand everyone is learning, and I understand you want to help. There are ways to go about it while helping yourself. If you really want to help, consider phrasing your information in a different way, because the way it comes across (even if only in text) is that you are superior or think yourself superior to others; when you have so much misinformation in posts while also attacking people, that also creates frustration for all involved. I personally don't care what you are, have, have not coded, but I care about the content of your knowledge and how you convey it, because that knowledge can either hurt someone and send them down the wrong path trying to wrongly use mutexes, give them the idea that large buffers are somehow a security concern because someone could flood them, etc; on the other hand, you could spend some time to learn, research, or just provide what knowledge you know for sure and help the OP and send them down the right path. Ultimately the choice is yours, but the latter would be so much more helpful for all involved.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sorressean via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sorressean via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sorressean via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Xsense via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Xsense via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sorressean via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sorressean via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector